Monday, September 8, 2008

Staycation fun, part 1!

This past week, Mike and I were on vacation, but didn't really have any plans to go anywhere. We started off the week, by going to the carnival in Bethalto. Kaden and I rode the Merry Go Round (where I got dizzy LOL) and Mike and him rode the Dizzy Dragons. I opted out of that one since the Merry Go Round made me dizzy. LOL There is a wheel in the dragon that when turned turns the dragon in circles. The whole thing also goes around in circles, talk about too many circles! It's kinda like the teacups if anyone is confused about my explanation.

Kaden and I on the Merry Go Round.

Mike and Kaden on the Dizzy Dragons.

We also planned to go visit my parents for a few days and then decided to go to the Indianapolis Zoo! My mom went with us and we had lots of fun even though it was hotter than hell! The Indy Zoo is much smaller than the St Louis Zoo, but we really enjoyed the fact that we were much closer to the animals and actually could see them! Kaden touched sharks and was thrilled to death with that. I, unfortunately, didn't get any pics because my camera battery died before I could, but my mom has some, so when I get the pics from her, I'll try to remember to blog them! Here are some of the highlights of our trip.

This is a big ass walrus that has silver caps on its tusks. Guess someone had some cavities! LOL


Kaden and Mike in the 360 degree dolphin viewing area!

Mike and Kaden on the train. Kaden didn't want his picture taken. LOL

This is how close we could get to the animals! Crazy, huh?

Another pretty close shot of animals.

Kaden and I cooling off!! It was HOT!


Kaden and my mom at the shark exhibit. This is the point in which my camera died!

There's more to come, blogger just won't allow me to upload anymore pics to one blog! Boo!


No comments: